With immediate effect all vehicles shipping through GVMS ports MUST have a GMR. The GMR needs to be pre-advised at the booking stage or the driver must declare the details at check-in. If a GMR is not made available at the time of check-in the vehicle cannot pass through.
• All vehicles shipping between the European Union (EU) and Great Britain (GB) Including empty or vehicles carrying empty packages MUST have a GMR.
• The GMR must be available when the vehicle is presented for shipment at the port of departure.
• When submitting the request for a GMR for driver accompanied vehicles, the vehicle registration number should be used (not the trailer number)
• For Unaccompanied vehicles the trailer number must be used.
Please check out the link for more information – Transporting goods to and from the EU – HM Government UK Transition (dft.gov.uk)
How to get a GMR
First register for the GVMS System here (Please note, you may need to have an existing Government Gateway account)
You can then log in in the future using the following link: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/goods-movement-system/dashboard
Essential information to enter the UK
The United Kingdom is taking steps to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
1) To protect your health and others’, everyone must complete an online passenger locator form before arrival in the United Kingdom.
2) You may be required to self-isolate for 14 days on arrival. Check the exempt countries list immediately before you travel as this list can change at short notice.
3) It is a legal requirement that you wear a face covering on public transport in the UK.
Failure to comply with the above measures is a criminal offence and you could be fined. Please visit www.gov.uk/uk-border-control for detailed public health advice and requirements for entering the UK.